Friday, February 13, 2015

Oh My Stars!



Welcome back!

First off I would like everyone to know how much fun we had last weekend!  The Cutie class here on Saturday morning was a success! We talked about the Oh My Stars Cutie Pattern last week, which was designed by our friend Denise who moved to California.  We sure do miss having her around the shop! We would love to see you at the next Cutie Class on March 21st.



That afternoon my students came back for the second part of my Forest Abstractions Block of the Month.  They did a great job on their falcons, although they weren’t quite finished yet. This weekend we focused on the squirrel.  I really think they are enjoying their first ever paper piecing project! I for one love the technique and am already looking to see what I can make next and teach in a class.



Last Sunday, Michelle Hiatt came to town and we had the first of two Deb Tucker classes.  We are all making the Loco for Lemoyne Quilt designed by Michelle.  Oh what fun we had!! I have never used a Tucker Ruler and had so much fun creating my stars.   My homework is already done and I’m looking forward to the next class on March 8th! Here is a photo of my first finished block and what the Quilt should look like when it's done.
 My Lemoyne Star made from Dear Stella Flirt




This weekend we are starting the Park Bench Block of the Month!  There is still room in the class if anyone is interested. 



We can also mail you the kits if you are not local but would still like to complete any of our projects, classes or block of the months.  For a list of our classes visit our website.

We have been busy packing up and getting ready for the next show in Hampton,Virginia at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival.  This Quilt Show is scheduled at February 26th-March 1st.  Cutting cuties, writing patterns and getting our samples all packed up takes twice as long when you have a toddler running around; usually unpacking everything behind your back!  Please stop by our booth and learn all about “The Home of the Cuties” if you are in the area for the show.  


 This weekend our QBF Online Sale is all about stocking up on thread!! This includes 10% off all Aurifil Thread. Just enter the code AURIFIL10 in your cart to obtain the discount. 


For all of you dealing with this snow and cold weather, we are with you in looking forward to spring.  I'm hoping the weather warms up soon so my goats can thaw out!!  Carter doesn't seem to be phased by the cold and he loves the snow.  He even enjoys going out with his daddy every night with their flashlights to feed the goats and give them fresh warm water. 


I have been working on a new idea for my blog to make it a little more interesting and personal! I hope to share it with you next week if all goes as planned!   Have a wonderful weekend, and remember if you need thread, we have some on sale!!



Thank you
Sarah
845-227-7606
orders@quiltbasket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment