Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

There is lots of debate over when the actual 12 days of Christmas begins - is it today and ends on 12/24? Is it tomorrow and ends on 12/25? Or does it begin on 12/26 like the Scots believe? Well whenever it is - it is a time to celebrate.

Here is a Quilter Version (we apologize in advance if the tune get stuck in your head):

On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me a paper pieced pattern of a tree

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me two spools of thread

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me three fat quarters

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me four ironing boards

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me five rotary blades

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me six pairs of scissors

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me seven yards of batting

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me eight sewing needles

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me nine yards of Moda

On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me ten types of ruler

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me eleven quilters quilting

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me twelve finished UFO's

Fa la la la Fa la la la!

No comments:

Post a Comment