Friday, May 29, 2015

Quilt Market, Fabric Sales and New Arrivals!

Hi Everyone!!

It has been a very busy last few weeks!!  My parents, Carter, and I all went to Minneapolis for Quilt Market on the 15th. I have to admit I was so nervous about the flights and layovers with an almost 2 year old, but Carter was fantastic!  Not only did he love the flights, but he slept for his normal schedule in MN.  He was so good, my father bought him a present when we got home!



My father is from MN and we were able to see our family members when we were out there too.  I haven't seen any of them since my wedding 4 years ago, so it was very exciting!




Thursday we spent the day at the family farm.  Unfortunately it rained all day, but Carter still had fun climbing on the tractors.  That evening it did clear up enough that he was able to take a ride on the Gator with my cousin Ladd.



Friday my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Michael played with Carter while my parents and I spent the day at Market.  We had so much fun seeing all of the new fabrics coming out soon.  I will be getting a few things up on our website for preorders.  If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw most of the new things we are expecting!



Saturday, my parents gave me the day off to spend with my cousin Jodi and her daughter Morgan. Morgan is 18 Months old and almost as active as Carter.  Jodi and I decided to take them to the zoo. As you can imagine, chasing 2 toddlers around a crowded zoo was pretty entertaining for everyone around.  I do wish we were closer so we could have more playdates like that!




As much fun as a few days in Minnesota was, it was pretty nice to get home to my husband on Sunday night.  Carter was so excited to see his daddy he stayed awake until we got home, even though it was 10:30PM! 

Last week was Carters 2nd birthday!!  I cannot believe my little guy is 2!!  My mother-in-law came up from Florida for the week to help us celebrate.  I was able to reuse some of the decorations I made for Carter's 1st birthday this year.  I had the Happy Birthday banner, Balloon fabric tablecloth and the Birthday boy's chair cover.  When I made this last year, I attached a "1" with Velcro. This year I attached a "2"!! Some of you may remember Carter's cake last year, which was a huge undertaking.  This year instead of focusing on the outside decorations, I decided to focus on the inside.  Believe it or not, my polka-dot cake came out exactly as I had planned!!  Carter of course could care less about the colors or shape of the cake, but he really did enjoy eating it!  I'm already starting to think about the cake for next year!!





This week's Quilt Blast Friday Sale is a 25% discount off the Camelot Fabric Ultimate Spiderman II Collection.  Enter code SPIDERMAN25 to obtain the discount.  Offer valid 5/29 through 6/2/15.

While I was away, we received a few new books, patterns and fabric lines in the store.  Be sure to check out our website for new items arriving!




Thank you,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment