Friday, April 18, 2014

American Made Brand Cotton Solids/ Sarah's First Blog!

American Made Brand Cotton Solids!
Many of you are familiar with the owners of the Quilt Basket, Cathy and Allan Anderson.  I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as their daughter, Sarah.  I am currently a stay at home mom to my 11-month-old son, Carter. I have grown up around my family’s business and am excited to have an opportunity to start blogging for the Quilt Basket.  With that said, I am very excited to introduce to you the new line of cotton solid fabrics from Clothworks that are expected to arrive in June. My father grew up on a farm in Minnesota and I still have relatives located there working their own farms.  The fact that these new fabrics are not only made in the United States but are also grown in the United States supporting the farmers in the U.S. is near and dear to my heart.  Although farming is a part of my family history, I am not currently a farmer, but my husband and I do have 3 goats as pets!          
  


 Over the past two decades about 70% of the cotton grown in the United States has been shipped to other countries for processing.  Now farmers are sending cotton directly to textile companies located right here in the United States! This not only supports the American farmers but also American manufacturing companies. Whether you are looking for the perfect color for your current project or a new modern project made from all solids- these cottons are the perfect addition to your fabric stash.
   


These 50 beautiful solid colors will be available in June.  Please click the link below to preorder your fabrics. Any orders received prior to June 1st will be $5.75 per yard, after that the cost will be $6.00 per yard.   http://www.quiltbasket.com/s-805-cotton-solids.aspx


   
·       All preorders will not be charged until the fabric has been shipped to you
Thank you

Sarah Anderson Fabian

No comments:

Post a Comment